Formed in January 2012 by Dr Mamoun Fandy, London Global Strategy Institute is an independent global think tank headquartered in London. Its research focus is strategic, political, and military affairs. LGSI is especially renowned for its strategic advice and research papers that are cogent, focused, brief, policy driven and policy relevant.
In addition to research, LGSI holds public conferences and tracks two meeting. It also has a consulting arm that focuses on media-government-corporate relations. The team of consultants is drawn from a pool of the best and brightest in the academic world.
LGSI has a special advantage over many similar institutes because of its Middle East Analysis. Our forecasting regarding the Middle East has always been on the mark.
Financially, we depend on consulting contracts, donations, and membership fees, both corporate and individual memberships.
As an expert in foreign affairs, Vicenzino has constantly distinguished himself through his ability to master and inter-connect a wide range of international topics and speak authoritatively on diverse media outlets around the world. Vicenzino appears on CNN, BBC, Fox, Al Jazeera, and many others. His writings and views have appeared in leading publications/websites including the New York Times, Financial Times, Guardian, El Mundo, El Pais, Folha de Sao Paulo, and others. Vicenzino is a regular guest speaker and panelist at international conferences around the world. His public-speaking engagements on topics of global concern have included appearances in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas. He is a graduate of Oxford University and Georgetown University Law Center.
With an entrepreneur and investment professional background, Bassam AlBinMohamed has over 13 years experience and strong business development, general management, fundraising and relationship management.
He obtained his master degree from the Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, Tufts University, in International Affairs (GMAP) with focus on international politics, international negotiations, security studies and crisis management, foreign policy & leadership, international business & economics international law, and International Trade.
- Shura Council Member since 2014
- Member of the Finance and Economics Committee
- Chairman of the Youth Committee
- CEO & Founder of DAN Centre for Strategic Studies and Research.
- Deputy CEO of Regional Investments (Dubai Based Investment Company) until 2014.
- Managing Director of B-Excel Consultancy for Entrepreneurs and Start-ups (2011-2014)
- Co-Founder and Chairman of Maalem Holding (2008-2011)
- Chairman of M-Dine (2009-2011)
- Director, Gulf Finance House (2003-2008)
- Economic Development Board (2002)
- Member of Fletcher Advisory Group for the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MENASA).
- Board Member in Al Rahma Centre for Disabled Care.